Every summer we plant a garden that provides us with the most amazing organic vegetables! One of the easiest vegetables to grow is zucchini and our zucchini plants always take off. If we have more than we can eat then I always try to freeze the extra so the garden gifts last us all year!
Now that it is garden planting time again, I am trying to use up all of last years crop. One of my favorite recipes is for chocolate chip zucchini bread, which is so good we now call it “Wowie Zowie Zucchini Bread”! One bite and you will totally get it! As an added bonus, the kids will have no idea there is a vegetable hiding in their snack!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 to 1 full bag of semi sweet chocolate chips (depending on your preference)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 40-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Sooo yummy! Now I am really excited to get my garden planted! What are your favorite zucchini recipes?